Who we are
Our website address is https://k-rockets.com.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully.
1) K-Rockets will provide a safe and supportive environment for each attendee, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, or background. Disrespectful, disruptive, and inappropriate actions, behavior, or language will not be tolerated and could result in a student’s dismissal from the academy without a refund or credit.
2) A full payment for the selected program/s must be received at the time of registration to hold a spot for the student. All tuition fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
3) No refunds will be granted for absenteeism. If a registrant cannot attend the program due to illness, or travel, or if a parent decides to take them out of the academy for any reason, no refund or credit will be provided.
4) If a program is canceled by K-Rockets, payment may be applied towards another program of equivalent value, or an option for a full refund will be offered.
5) Inclement weather-related cancellations will be communicated via the parent’s email or phone number provided at the time of registration. A make-up class will be arranged for such cancellations, which may be at a different time and day than the originally scheduled class. No refund will be provided if the student cannot attend the make-up class.
6) All students should be dropped off no earlier than 5 minutes prior to their scheduled time. Pick-up time is no later than 5 minutes after the dismissal time. In case a child is not picked up within 15 minutes of the closing time, the parent/guardian will be contacted and a charge of $15 will be applied.
7) At the beginning of a program, students will be enrolled in their age-appropriate grade level. However, during the year, if a student is evaluated above or below their current grade level, they will be transferred to their skill-appropriate classroom. The class timings may change, and communication will be made with the parents.
8) Students are not allowed to bring in any personal items, toys, or electronic devices. It will be the sole responsibility of the child if they bring an item and if it is lost, stolen, or broken. No personal phone calls will be allowed during instruction time, except for medical emergencies.
9) Students may bring a water bottle to the classroom. No other food or drinks are allowed in the classrooms. Windermere students staying after dismissal for the STEM Workshop may bring a snack to eat before the start of the program.
10) For the Math and Coding programs, the tuition fee indicated on the website is for one session per week. Each session is 30 minutes long for private lessons and 1 hour long for group lessons.
11) Additional material costs may be added for students signing up for virtual STEM programs such as Robotics.
12) I will pay the invoice sent to me (for tuition and a one-time registration fee per child), and understand that it must be paid within 2 days of the invoice date to hold a class for my child.
13) I hereby give K-Rockets staff permission to see that my minor child receives medical treatment in the case of an emergency. K-Rockets will not be responsible for any medical bills as a result.
I understand that if my child is injured during school activities I, as the guardian, am responsible for any medical bills.
When a student is injured or ill at school:
- A staff member will provide immediate care to the student unless or until the staff member is relieved by a nurse, doctor, or emergency personnel.
- The parent/guardian will be contacted except in the case of very minor injuries that, in the judgment of the school nurse or staff person, do not pose a serious risk to the student.
- In the case of a medical emergency, 911 will be called.
Transport to the nearest hospital may be necessary.
I understand that due to COVID-19:
1) I am responsible for taking my child’s temperature each day prior to sending them to class and keeping them home if it is above 100 degrees.
2) I am responsible for not sending my child to class if they may have Covid-19, have been in contact with anyone with or suspected of having Covid-19, or are otherwise sick with any transferable illness (cold, flu, etc).
3) All students and teachers will follow the CDC guidelines related to masks at all times.
4) K-Rockets staff may take my child’s temperature if they are concerned that my child may be sick. If they have a fever, the provided emergency number will be called for the child to be picked up immediately.
5) In order to limit people inside the buildings, parents will not be allowed in the school or studio.
6) At pick-up and drop-off students will come out of the school and go to their respective cars parked in front of the school. I will be on time dropping off and picking up my child.