Algebra, a branch of mathematics is an important life skill. Algebra teaches logics ways to practical problems. Algebra also provides a underlying structure that makes connections among all branches of mathematics that include measurements, geometry, calculus and statistics. Algebra allows teaches us how to calculate area of shapes, how to develop equations and solve problems.
Knowledge of algebra is required in each and every field – engineering, technology, computer science etc. The idea of algebra is to empower our children with tools and systems that can help identify and analyze patterns.
Algebra provides a way to use numbers, notations and arithmetic operations to model and solve problems. Information these days is also presented in diagrams, tables, graphs that Algebra can help correlate. Algebra provides ways to describe and classify relationships and functions that can be used to develop models that can have real life applications.
Our Algebra 1 curriculum focuses on the essential ideas and processes of mathematics. We believe that having a strong grasp of the fundamentals of Algebra is very important. Students will learn the following topics as a part of our Algebra 1 curriculum.
- Types of geometric sequences and their operations
- Arithmetic sequences
- Algebraic equations and solutions
- Equations and graphs of inequalities
- Linear functions and slope intercept form
- Use of elimination, graphing and substitution to solve system of equations
- Scatter Plots and trend lines
- Systems of equations
- Rational exponents and operations with polynomials
- Factoring polynomials
- Quadratic functions and parabolas
- Exponential growth and decay analysis
- Data analysis
- Probability of events